./News

New year, new beginning

It doesn’t seem that long ago that I announced that I’d be joining Adobe as a Platform Evangelist. As a lot of you are probably aware, due to the change in focus at Adobe a measure of restructuring was needed. Sadly my role at Adobe was one such casualty of that restructuring.

Even though I knew my role was at risk back in November, yesterday was officially my last day, hence my somewhat delayed announcement. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bitter, I had a great 18 months working and meeting with some truly amazing people and companies. I want to thank everyone I worked with at Adobe for making it a really enjoyable, enlightening and inspiring time – like Flash, you guys ROCK!

So what next? Well, you’ll just have to watch this space :)

Popularity: 10% [?]

Related Items

Discussion

7 comments for “New year, new beginning”

1. Good luck Mike!

Posted by Jorge | January 3, 2012, 10:43 am
  2. Thanks Jorge :)

Posted by Mike Jones | January 3, 2012, 12:24 pm
  3. Good luck Mike!

We’ve just talked a couple of times, but I truly enjoyed them. You are one of those amazing people that are able to listen to people and talk to them as you do really care about their problems. You are an inspiring human being and I’ve learned a lot from you and I just hope I can pay you back (or pay someone forward) sometime.

I hope we get to talk again soon and I’m eager to know what you’ll be doing next.

Whatever you do, keep safe, keep passionate and be a positive force (we already have too much negativism floating around!…)

Your good friend,
    Rui

Posted by Rui Silva | January 3, 2012, 1:34 pm
  4. Hi Rui, thanks for your kind words. Even though I’m no longer at Adobe I’m always happy to answer any questions that anyone may have (if I know the answer that is :p) and help and assist where I can. Hopefully we’ll have a chance to grab a beer or two together very soon :)

Take care,
    Mike

Posted by Mike Jones | January 3, 2012, 1:38 pm
  5. What’s going in Adobe?
    That’s it? no more Flash!?

Posted by Gil | January 3, 2012, 2:22 pm
  6. Bummer. Hopefully the experience works out as a transition to something positive!

Posted by sakri rosenstrom | January 4, 2012, 9:05 am
  7. Hey Mike,

I’ve only just seen that you are no longer at Adobe. I’m sure you’ll have an interesting and rewarding 2012.
    Are we likely to see you around at all within the Flash community still?

Adrian