Welcome to the FlashGen.Com Flex Biulder Ant Script page.Here you will find the latest information on the Flex Builder Ant scripts developed to in some way make your development processes smoother and easier.
Articles on how to use these scripts:
At this point in time these scripts will only work on Mac OS X 10.4+ (tested) and *nix (untested). This is due to the fact that they utilise a lot of bash shell commands. I suspect you would have no trouble using them on Windows but you will need to install Cygwin. A Windows version is planned in the future but no firm releae date has been set.
Currently these scripts include the following:
- Generate a custom Manifest.xml file (used in the Flex Library, advanced compiling and namespace management)
- Generate a custom Config.xml file (allowing the overriding of compiler information and remove the need to set flags in the preferences panel)
- ASDoc support from within Flex Builder (this one is a biggy for Mac users as there is a pathing bug in the ASDoc scripts that prevent paths with spaces working correctly)
Things on the todo list are:
Add in the services parameter (this I have working but I just need to tidy up the logic in the main script)
Include my ASDocs tasks
- Include a few more of the compiler parameters
- Work out how to get the code hinting to work if you use a namespace in this manner as opposed to the xxx.* style namesapces
- Windows version
Download the latest version of the scripts here*
*Please note these are provided without warranty or support and FlashGen.Com cannot be held responsible if these scripts achieve world dominance or just mess stuff up!
Change Log 0.7
0.7: If your main application file name is lower case the XML manifest will not convert it (Regex)
0.5: Additional Ant parameter being passed in task to create custom flex-config XML)
0.3: Regex doesn’t comment out root MXML file by default
0.1: Regex issue when writing directory listing (ordering is not correct)