Pushbutton engine is a component based gaming framework that provides the necessary background structure to allow for the creation of any style of game. Most commonly used for 2D game development it is one of the most feature rich and extensible of the current crop of gaming engines.
To help you get to grips with Pushbutton Engine I’ve written a selection of articles that you may find of use below.
- Setting Up Your IDE
- Creating Your First Game
- Handling User Input
- Working With Bitmap Sprites
- Animating Bitmap Sprites
- Animating Bitmap Sprites pt.2
- Working With Virtual Controllers – Coming Soon
- Managing Resources – Coming Soon
- AI and Pathing – Coming Soon
- XML Level descriptors – Coming Soon
- Working with the Console – Coming Soon