I managed to get time last night to add in a few more features to the File Transfer Connector. A couple of them only came to me after I had posted the original MXP up. I’ve refreshed the MXP and uploaded a new version to the server for those interested in downloading it.
The File Transfer Connector allows the following:
- Single or Multiple file uploading
- File size upload limit (default is 50KB)
- Separate URL override for download mode
- Custom name setting for file in download mode
- Options for automatic file upload upon file selection confirmation
- Options for automatic opening of file selection dialog on instantiation
Once the MXP has been installed you can access this component by opening up your Component Panel:
Window > Components > FlashGen.Com > FileTransferConnector
Either double click this entry or drag and drop it on to your work area.
The class file for this component, (FileTransferConnector.as), is also installed within you local file system you can find it here:
- Windows 2000 / XP: boot drive\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\language\Configuration\Classes\com\flashgen\components\io.
- Macintosh: Mac HD/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Flash 8/language/Configuration/Classes/com/flashgen/components/io.
Accompanying sample files on how to use this component can be found in your configuration folder on your local file system.
- Windows 2000 / XP: boot drive\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\language\Configuration\Samples\FlashGen.Com\FileTransfer .
- Macintosh: Mac HD/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Flash 8/language/Configuration/Samples/FlashGen.Com/FileTransfer.
This is now a version 1.0 release and has now been submitted to the Flash Exchange. A zipped version of the latest MXP can be downloaded here
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.