I personally never really get involved with online competitions. It’s not because I don’t fancy my chances. It’s more due to the fact that living in the UK most (if not all) competitions run by companies like Adobe are only available to residents of the US and Canada.
However, and this really is a biggy, to build up to the launch of Adobe Integrated Runtime (formerly Apollo), Adobe have really pushed out the boat in the competition stakes. Not only is this competition open to everyone on the planet (and possibly the Moon) but more importantly it’s the prize that is at stake – and this is the real doozie.
Grand Prize / Best of Show
The Best of Show winner will receive the trip of a lifetime, a travel certificate valued at up to US$100,000, to be used for the travel of your choice!
Five category winners will each receive “The Ultimate Development Environment” to power your Adobe AIR development (and play) for years to come:
- A Mac Pro 8Core with 4 gigs ram, 1.5 TB (2x750GB)* of storage.
- (2) Dell 2707WFP 27″ widescreen monitors.
- (1) one Sony Playstation 3.
- (1) $200 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
- (1) Herman Miller Aeron chair.
- (1) Bose Quiet Comfort 3 noise canceling headphones.
- (1) copy of Adobe Flex™ Builder™ version 3, Macintosh edition.
- (1) copy of Adobe Creative Suite® 3 Master Collection for Macintosh.
- And one squishy stress ball.
Plus each winner also receives:
- A trip and conference pass to the Adobe MAX 2007 annual user conference
- Your application showcased on Adobe.com for the world to see
* There were a couple of typos so I have corrected those here. For the official rules of the competition read them here
Entries must be received by 11:59pm Pacific Time (-8 :00 UTC), September 5, 2007. You can fill out an entry form here