I like a lot of people have an unlocked iphone (not to be confused with a Jail broken one). So on installing the 3.0 update MMS was immediately available but I suspect, like me, for most it won’t actually be active (no little camera icon in Messages is an indicator if it’s working or not). If this is the case all you need to do is enter your MMS settings (a quick Google should provide you with the correct info – UK users can grab them here) via the steps below.
Access Point Name: general.t-mobile.uk
Data bearer: GPRS
Gateway IP (proxy) address: 188.8.131.52 (also 184.108.40.206)
Session mode: Permanent
MMS Message (Relay) Server URL: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002/
- Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network
- Scroll down to the MMS settings and enter the correct information, my T-Mobile settings are shown in the image. Don’t worry if you don’t have info for Max Message size or MMS UA Prof URL – these are usually handled by the carrier so you can leave them blank
- Once the details are in place you need to exit Settings and restart your phone (this is the important bit as the phone won’t pick up the settings have changed unless you restart)
- If everything is OK on restart you’ll have a little camera icon next to your message input field in Messages (plus you’ll now have an option to send images etc by MMS)
It’s worth pointing out that if you have an unlocked iPhone you don’t need to do any of the ipcc file hacking that a lot of the “beta” articles seemed to indicate. The MMS option should be alreay present and just need configuring. If you’re with an official carrier like AT&T or O2 etc the process may be completely different as it seems to require hacking the ipcc file to set certain values so your mileage may vary.
Sushi, I now have the camera icon, but when I send a picture it shows this red mark, error, what should I do
Have an unlocked Iphone and been trying to work this out and now it works.
Hi all, I’m using an unlocked iphone 3gs for tmobile and dont have picture text msg as default (even tho I had it before with my old samsung phone provided by tmobile). then I tried both US MMS settings they posted on here:
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS Proxy 220.127.116.11:8080
both worked for sending pictures out, but not receiving them. I got the msg “the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction” for both cases when my friend tried to send me picture text messaging. I also check out the xda phone link that Mike provided but it didnt work with iphone either. any resolution yet?
Has anyone figured out what Tigger asked? This is the same problem I am having. Thanks!
The FIX to send & RECEIVE!!!
This is how to do it. My phone spec is 3g 16gig 3.0 firmware jailbroken with Tmobile WITHOUT data plan.
1. Open Cydia and search for â€œLegacyâ€ â€“ Install the first one on top. (TMobile US)
2. Once installed youâ€™ll need to reset your network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Confirm
3. Now go to Settings > General > Network > and make sure Data Roaming is set to â€˜Onâ€™
4. Now go to Cellular Data Network > and enter the following:
5. APN: epc.tmobile.com for MMS This SHOULD be wap.voicestream.com
6. APN: wap.voicestream.com for Cellular Data
7. MMSC: 18.104.22.168/servlets/mms
8. Proxy: 22.214.171.124:8080
9. Go all the way back to Settings and then press Home.
10. Turn off the phone.
11. Wait for the phone to completely power off, wait 30 seconds and then power back on.
12. If your phone crashes and you get the Sad Phone Face, itâ€™s fine, unlock the phone and reset the Springboard if need be.
13. Now have someone send you a Picture Message and make sure you can send out MMS.
PLEASE NOTE! ~ Follow it step by step. I started without installing the application and it displayed the same message to big message. Followed the instructions precisely and up and running. Sister w/ verizon sent me a picture message.
Here’s the link I got it from after scouring the internet for a while:
Also, my Data roaming is set to off now and it still works.
hey scar thanks so much your help really did work for me!! :)
But I have a question, my carrier is T-Mobile and I have unlimited texting, now that I can send and recieve pics will it overcharge me?
actually my question was for jaren about the MMS..if it does cost money or not.
and yours actually worked for me thank you SO MUCH!! :D
EXCELLENT !!! many thanks to Jaren, it works now woohoo. just follow the instructions step by step and it works perfectly, no crashing or anything for me. good jod, great help :-)
Texting is either MMS or regular, so you’re covered. If you didn’t have a texting plan, the 20cents per would apply to either your regular plan or flex account
For MY Celcom (Celcom Malaysia) especially 3G user,
MMS PROXY: 10.128.1.242:8080
MMS Max Message Size: [BLANK]
MMS UA PROF URL: [BLANK]
Confirmed work on i-phone 3G.
i have an ipone 3g 4.0.2 unlocked for tmobile. and i did both the us setting for it but i still get the red exclamation marks when i send. can someone help me
I opened cydia and when i searched for legacy, no t-mobile us came up for me to install. And i still cant receive pics due to the resolution and message size. This is really irritating. Can anyone help me? I have an IPhone 3G and T-mobile is my carrier
Thanks, Dude! It’s matching the setting info from the carrier company to the settings on the iPhone that I really need clarifying. Much appreciated.
awesome it worked @ MOE i am a tmobile US iphone 3gs user. i just need help with receiving picture
need help i cant send pics on my unlock i phone please help i keep getting a red exclamation
I have an unlocked Iphone 3Gs and recently udpate the software to 4.3.3 and now I am not able to send or received picture messages. I have set the setting as prior for the APN and MMSC but still not working. Does anyone have any solutions?
I have same problem, unable to send or receive pictures., please update me with solution..
Hey!! Thanks man was doing everything available on the net, but nothing worked. Thanks for such a simple solution which actually works. Thanks again.
hey thanks!… this worked perfectly for my US iphone!
Can anyone help – I bought unlocked I phone 4 from Dubai – allegedly phone from Malaysia but all visible settings are chinese. Put T Mobile sim in phone in Dubai and it worked fine using their network DU – received and made calls and received and sent texts. Now I am back in UK nothing working. Profiles show china mobile – SIM accepted and shows T-Mobile UK. No-one here knows what to do – phone is not locked. It looks like the phone is not registering with T-Mobile – any idea what profiles I should enter into phone if any to make it work? Any help would be appreciated?
Thanks. I can send pictures now. The Imessage feuture dind’t work in my iphone 3gs with the upgratte to 5. Do you now how fix it?